As a student of NVTHS, every student is required to complete 5 hours of community service per school year.
That means that if you have been a student at our school since Freshman year, you must attain a total of 20 hours of community service in order to graduate.
Community Service log sheets can be found in Student Services or you can download one by clicking the link below. Just fill out the form and turn it into your guidance counselor or Ms. Judge (Student Services Administrative Assistant), to receive credit for your service hours. Thank you!
Ideas for how you can complete your community service hours:
There are so many ways that you can be of service to those in your community! Check out our "Community Service Opportunities" section to see some of the local organizations that are looking for help.
- Rake leaves for neighbors in need, in the fall
- Shovel snow for neighbors in need, in the winter
- Volunteer at NVTHS events like "Parents' Night" and "Open House"
- Go to your local library and ask if you can volunteer for them to shelve books and help with events
- Participate at local nonprofit organizations and soup kitchens
- Offer to be a "reader" or "companion" at a senior citizen home or hospital